Please Note: This recruitment will be used to fill multiple on-call vacancies; shifts may vary.
Here at the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA)
, we are passionate about our mission of “Serving Those Who Served.” As a national leader in our advocacy for more than 500,000 veterans and their family members, we strive to connect them to earned benefits as well as innovative programs focused on their overall health and wellness. In addition, we provide critical community services through a variety of programs, and at our four State Veterans Homes located in Orting, Port Orchard, Spokane, and Walla Walla. These locations provide Medicare and Medicaid nursing home care to honorably discharged veterans, including, in some instances, their spouses, widows, or Gold Star.
We are in need of multiple on-call Nursing Assistants Certified to provide services to our residents in need of skilled nursing care. This includes assisting residents with activities of daily living, leading therapeutic activities, completing light housekeeping tasks and providing medical assistance.
Come lend direction to our veteran residents as well as a caring attitude. Bring a smile and your vital knowledge to everyone, every day by applying now!
- Assists residents with personal care and daily living activities such as bathing, personal grooming, dressing, and eating.
- Responsible for accurately obtaining and recording vital signs and other resident data, and collection of specimens for laboratory use.
- Observes, documents, and reports changes in resident's condition or behavior to supervisor and keeps licensed staff informed about any changes.
- Performing basic housekeeping and laundry duties.
- Participating in therapeutic planning activities and tasks.
- Valid Washington State license to practice as a Nursing Assistant Certified.
- Current active status on OBRA. (Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act).
- Six months of experience with customer service in a health care setting or in direct patient care.
- Long term nursing care experience.
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described below.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
2. A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
Finalists will be asked to provide a list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
- Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14.1, state employees must be fully vaccinated no later than October 18, 2021. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.