The RN Team Lead in the OR will be responsible for managing staff for two busy operating rooms in the ambulatory surgical care center.
We are growing! Join Children’s National as we further expand our services to the community.
Children’s National Regional Outpatient Center will be opening in Prince George’s County, Maryland in 2020.
This state of the art, 60,000 square foot facility is the latest effort to ensure children and their families can easily and conveniently access Children’s National specialists and primary care providers.
The new outpatient clinics and surgery center will give families in Prince George’s county greater access to the broad range of world-class care Children’s National offers, including: cardiology, neurology, genetics, allergy, sports medicine and orthopedics, and rehabilitative medicine. Additionally, families will be able to more easily access infusion, transfusion, MRI, hematology and outpatient surgical services.
Children's National is the leading provider of pediatric care in the Washington, DC metro area. Our team of 7000+ employees provides world-class care in a warm and caring environment designed with kids in mind. Children’s National is a Magnet® designated hospital and is consistently ranked among the best pediatric hospitals in America by U.S. News and World Report.
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Nursing experience (Required)
Pediatric experience in a comparable setting (Required)
Familiar with software such as Window’s environment (Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Fluent in medical management criteria such as MCG and/or InterQual.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in District of Columbia
1. Facilitate the CMI practice group of Shared Nursing Leadership and support other initiatives.
2. Contribute to the sustainability and advancement of Magnet designation.
3. Ensure that utilization review for patient status (IP and Observation) is based on evidence of best practice.
4. Accountable for supporting/participating in the CRM and/or Division of Nursing’s Performance Improvement processes.
5. Participate in community activities.
1. Accountable for staffing and assigning coverage for all roles within CRM; engages with CMI Team Lead, Manager & Director to problem solve.
2. Responsible for 24/7 assessment and supervision of work flow for CMI’s and support positions.
3. Supervise utilization review activities, interface with internal and external stakeholders to achieve appropriate level of care and optimize
4. reimbursement; ensure compliance with CMS regulations.
5. Interact with payors and CRM leadership to improve the authorization process.
6. Engage in performance improvement activities to standardize and elevate practice.
1. Demonstrate advanced communication skills in dealing with staff and all members of the healthcare team.
2. Provide constructive, sensitive and timely feedback to staff concerning their performance in verbal and written form.
3. Effectively manage conflict and assist others to understand their behavior and their effect on the work environment.
4. Communicate and escalate issues as appropriate to the Manager and Director.
1. Facilitate learning opportunities for staff.
2. Participate in the education and training of Case Managers and other staff.
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Management and Leadership Skills
1. Monitors Kronos reconciliation and ensures schedule and timecard accuracy
2. Responsible for all aspects of performance appraisal for designated staff
3. Participates in the hiring of staff by completing WFM paperwork, conducting interviews and making recommendations for hire
4. Assumes coverage of unit in absence of Manager & Director and makes decisions within authorized scope
5. Demonstrates initiatives and leadership through involvement in department based projects and committees
6. Establishes collaborative relationships and network across the organization to ensure effective outcomes
7. Represents CRM on organizational committees and initiatives
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things