Sr Nursing Quality Outcomes Coordinator - (2100035V)
Description The Senior Nursing Quality Outcomes Coordinator will partner with Hospital Quality, Safety, Regulatory and Hospital Risk as well as all leaders within the Division of Nursing to oversee or lead quality improvement projects through strong project management/planning skills, multidisciplinary team leadership and facilitation skills, and ability to execute and evaluate diverse initiatives. The role holder will apply consistently project management, process redesign, performance improvement techniques, problem solving, change management, and customer service skills. Additionally, this senior leader will be responsible for the development of work plans, execution of communication plans, metric development and execution of prioritized quality improvement initiatives, and must be able to manage multiple assignments and priorities independently; exhibit excellent organizational and effective oral and written communication and presentation skills. This senior leader will work in collaboration with nursing leadership teams to support the plans, development, implementation and evaluation of nursing quality indicators and associated outcomes and will lead or facilitate quality activities for all staff throughout the organization. This role will specifically and actively partner with the Manager of Nursing Quality to elevate the quality of nursing practice, using Quality Indicator outcomes and multiple other forms of data, to inspire a high reliability organizational attitude across the health care system.
Minimum Work Experience
6 years Must be detail oriented, analytic, and able to consistently and effectively lead and manage ongoing projects. Must be proficient or have the ability to quickly acquire skills in cause analysis, model for improvement, and lean strategies. Must be able to lead multiple projects, facilitate multidisciplinary teams, manage sensitive information, work independently, have good judgment, excellent organizational skills, and negotiate conflict. Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, poses excellent interpersonal skills and excellent oral/written communication skills.
Must have at least 6 years of related and progressive leadership experience preferably in healthcare or project management or Master’s degree plus 2 year relevant work experience. Strong skills in data analysis and interpretation are essential (Required)
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in District of Columbia (Required)
CPHQ or other Quality Improvement or Regulatory Certification within 2 years of hire 2 Yrs (Required)
- With VP, Directors, and Managers, contribute to organization and nursing strategic plan for department services, include short and long-term objectives.
- Collect and analyze customer feedback and evaluate service/department effectiveness.
- With VP, Directors and Managers, incorporate findings into plans to modify program/service delivery.
- Collaborate with Departmental leaders in assessing Departmental gaps in meeting short and long-term objectives.
- Identify operational issues and collaborate to develop action plans focused on issue resolution.
- Collaborate with VP, Directors, and Managers on significant operational issues/barriers organizationally and within Nursing.
- Assist VP, Directors, and Managers in development, implementation and evaluation of services, programs, policies and procedures and performance standards to achieve departmental goals.
- With VP, Directors, and Managers evaluate current as well as new program initiatives for effectiveness, feasibility and cost.
- Ensure compliance with CNMC policies and procedures, and regulatory standards
- Contribute to development and monitoring of operating and capital budgets.
- Implement actions to facilitate meeting budget requirements.
- Responsible to administer programs within budgetary guidelines.
- In collaboration with VP, Directors, and Managers provide input into the hiring, training, development, and direction of staff to meet departmental and division-wide objectives as well as hospital-wide initiatives.
- Provide timely coaching and performance feedback.
- Identify and delegate staff appropriately to meet business objectives.
- Contribute to plan development and present educational programs consistent with the educational needs assessment.
- Serve as a role model for staff and facilitate team building.
- Provide education and professional development activities and programs for all staff.
- Participate or lead assigned nursing and hospital wide committees as appropriate.
- Collaborate with nursing and organizational leadership to implement Fiscal Year goals and other identified initiatives.
- Participate in Shared Nursing Leadership.
- Ensure nursing practice is based on evidence of best practice.
- Lead work outside own area of expertise for integrated outcomes
- Actively participate in conferences and professional organizations related to Regulatory, Quality, and Safety; attend conferences/ seminars as appropriate; communicate new information from such events to appropriate staff.
- Maintain a current knowledge of: 1) Trends and issues in health care, nursing practice, nursing education, nursing research, JCAHO standards, quality improvement science. 2) Organizational policies and procedures related to clinical practice and the legal implications for practice, education and research. 3) Structure and hierarchy of the organization
Professional Practice/ Magnet
- Maintain a current knowledge of ANCC Magnet Nurse Sensitive Indicators (NSI) and Empirical Outcomes (EO) Requirements.
- Partners with the Manager of Nursing Quality to ensure that the Division of Nursing (DON) meets all data element (NSI and EO) requirements for Magnet redesignation.
- Collaborate with Professional Practice to ensure that the Division of Nursing meets all Magnet requirements; by assisting in setting, developing and implementing operational priorities to meet all Magnet redesignation milestones
Quality, Safety & Regulatory
- Assist VP, Directors, and Managers in development, implementation and evaluation of services, programs, policies and procedures and performance standards to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Independently and collaboratively manage projects that support Nursing quality, safety and regulatory.
- Compose and disseminate nursing specific organization wide communication using organization forums to spread.
- Lead the implementation, measurement, monitoring and quality assurance for accuracy of assigned nursing quality indicators (Nursing Quality indicators is inclusive of Nurse Sensitive Indicators), hospital quality, safety and regulatory indicators.
- Analyzes and interrupts data from various sources.
- Disseminates nursing and hospital quality, safety and regulatory indicator data and make recommendations for actions plans.
- Facilitate the sharing of outcomes and practice improvements with staff at all levels and in multiple ways; monitor care outcomes in an effort to ensure gains are maintained.
- In collaboration with VP, Directors, and Managers develop a research process as principal investigator, collaborator or evaluator; support the integration of research into practice.
- Lead the translation of information obtained through Quality Improvement activities into Research studies as a method to formulate new knowledge.
- Assist with the dissemination of Nursing Quality, EBP and/or Research with staff through new hire orientation, unit in-services and other forums.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Organization: Patient ServicesRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: M-F 8am-5:30pm
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2021, 8:51:17 AM