Critical Care Float RN II-WIP Nights - (210002IA)
Description All nursing practice is based on the legal scope of practice, national and specialty nursing standards, Children's National Policies and Procedures, and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The Professional Model of Care requires registered professional nurses to be responsible and accountable for their own practice. Children's National supports the development of RN relationships within the community; specifically those relationships associated with the health and well being of the community at large.
Qualifications Minimum Education
Bachelor's Degree (Required)
BSN Graduated from an approved school of nursing (Preferred)
Minimum Work Experience
2 years RN experience (Required)
The licensed Registered Nurse will successfully complete the hospital and nursing orientation at Children’s National.
Independently demonstrates the ability to adjust and organize assignment when asked to float throughout scheduled shift. National.
Demonstrates critical thinking skills by problem solving appropriately during patient care.
Demonstrates proper use of the currently identified hand off processes.
Demonstrates a collegial and respectful relationship with ancillary staff.
Demonstrates professional review of peers through timely participation in evaluations.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in District of Columbia Registered Nurse licensed in the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia dependent upon location of practice. (Required)Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (Required)
- Contribute to Magnet re-designation as evidenced by independent updating of professional profile and initiation of council involvement, committees, task forces and /or community outreach.
- Communication reflects development of plan of care and ability to advocate to meet patients’ needs.
- Independently initiate escalation of issues and utilize chain of command.
- Participate to implement change and support management decisions.
- Role model professional behavior to reflect empathy, concern and a desire to help others
- Independently maintain regulatory requirements e.g. license, BLS.
- Plan for attendance at mandatory education and professional activities to enhance nursing practice.
- Seek out opportunities to participate and enhance departmental goals by ensuring adherence to national safety standards and service excellence standards; support advancement of education and certification as well.
- Collaborate with members of the healthcare team.
- Utilize assessment data gathered from patient and family to ensure completion of data base and plan of care within identified timeframes.
- Role model clinical skills with complex patients to reflect analysis of patient status and appropriate interventions; to prioritize and organize rapidly changing patient needs.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for educational needs and verify with patient and family throughout the hospital/outpatient stay and prior to discharge.
- Continue to care in all encounters with patient and family as evidenced by feedback from parents and an increase in patient satisfaction scores.
- Identify ways to improve operations through quality improvement and assist in implementation of solutions across acute care units.
- Identify self learning needs and take initiative to meet those needs.
- Keep knowledge base current with new information or changes to affect your ability to maintain competency in all acute care areas.
- Ensure care is based on evidence with the literature and benchmarking.
- Support Shared Leadership.
- Contribute to CNMC’s Magnet Journey .
- Ensure nursing practice is based on evidence of best practice.
- Accountable to participate in the Division of Nursing’s Performance Improvement process (division or unit level).
Organizational AccountabilitiesOrganizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Participate in community Activities.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Organization: Patient ServicesRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: PT - Part-TimeShift: NightWork Schedule: wip
Job Posting: Oct 6, 2021, 11:32:24 AM