In an effort to recruit and retain NACs and NAC Leads, the WDVA has established a temporary program that will dramatically increase wages for these positions. The pilot program will be in effect from August 14, 2021 through September 27, 2021.
These increases will be implemented as follows:
- For working day shift (weekdays between 6:00am – 2:30pm) will receive two dollars ($2.00) per hour, in addition to the base rate of pay.
- For working any other shift (weekend, evening or night) will receive seven dollars ($7.00) per hour, in addition to the base rate of pay.
Lend direction to your patients as well as a caring attitude. Bring a smile and your vital knowledge to everyone, every day. Brighten prospects for patients and your career. Connect with your goals and change lives in accomplishing our mission of "Serving Those Who Served" with the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs. If you are a Nursing Assistant Certified with a passion for excellence and compassionate care, we invite you to be a part of our team located at the Spokane Veterans Home.
The Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) is comprised of more than 800 dedicated staff who strive to fulfill WDVA's mission of "Serving Those Who Served." To achieve this mission, WDVA provides critical services to veterans and their families, both in the community and among four veterans' homes within the State of Washington. WDVA is a national leader in the quality of and advocacy for veterans claims submitted to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, reaching out to Washington's more than 600,000 veterans.
WDVA operates four Medicare/Medicaid and Federal VA Certified Veterans Homes in Port Orchard, Orting, Spokane, and Walla Walla providing nursing care for honorably discharged veterans, to include, in some instances, their spouses, widows or gold star parents.
For more information, visit our website at www.dva.wa.gov.
**This posting represents multiple on-call positions, shifts will vary.
Some of what you will be doing:
The Nursing Assistant, under the supervision of the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, assists or supervises assigned residents with activities of daily living. The Nursing Assistant promotes resident-centered care and ensures that the veterans are treated with dignity and respect.
Assists residents with personal care and daily living activities such as bathing, personal grooming, dressing, and eating.
Responsible for accurately obtaining and recording vital signs and other resident data, and collection of specimens for laboratory use.
Observes, documents, and reports changes in resident's condition or behavior to supervisor and keeps licensed staff informed about any changes.
Current and valid Washington State Nursing Assistant Certification
Current active status on OBRA (Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act)
Long term care experience
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described below.
- Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader), state employees must be fully vaccinated no later than October 18, 2021. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation. Please reach out to the HR Office at HR@dva.wa.gov if you need information on medical or religious accommodation.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
- Candidates who are offered a job with WDVA must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.