Work That Matters - Our work is 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
No one has more expertise treating children than Children's Hospital Los Angeles. CHLA is the only children's hospital in California to make the prestigious U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of "Best" children's hospitals and is nationally ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties. Join a hospital where the work you do will matter—to you, to your colleagues, and above all, to our patients and families. At times, the work may be challenging, but it is always rewarding. We hope you’ll come and find out for yourself.
It’s Work That Matters.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced nurse looking to work in a Hematology Oncology setting on 4 West. You would work with antibody patients, end of life, step down bone marrow transplant, solid tumors and leukemia and lymphoma patients. Patients range from infants to 23 years of age. The unit is 16 beds. You would collaborate with other health care team members in the delivery of care. Employee will follow applicable policies and procedures in handling supplies, pharmaceuticals, and equipment.
Minimum Qualifications/Work Experience
- 1+ year experience as an RN.
- Pediatric experience and Hematology Oncology referred.
- Broad knowledge of patient care principles and equipment; CHLA patient care policies and procedures.
- Ability to assess effectiveness of patient care; maintain a calm demeanor and assist in crises and emergencies; prioritize tasks for complex patient care; communicate tactfully, professionally, and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- BSN required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
- Current American Heart Association CPR certification.
- Current American Heart Association PALS card required.
- APHON chemotherapy certification is preferred.