Minimum Work Experience
2 years RN work experience
1 year supervisory role or in a charge RN role
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Nursing experience. (Required)
Demonstrated experience/expertise in the charge nurse role. (Required)
Recent pediatric experience in a comparable setting. (Required)
The Shift Coordinator, will successfully complete the hospital and nursing orientation at CNMC.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in District of Columbia
1. Participate/support Shared Leadership.
2. Contribute to CNMC’s Magnet Journey.
3. Ensure that nursing is based on evidence of best practice.
4. Accountable for supporting/participating in the Division of Nursing’s Performance Improvement process.
5. Participate in community activities.
Participates in Assessment, Planning, and Implementation of Nursing Process
1. Continuously perform patient/family assessments as necessary to ensure needs are met.
2. Assess and modify skill mix and staffing levels using manager or clinical coordinator for complex issues.
3. Function as a resource in planning patient discharge and all clinical issues.
4. Utilize multidisciplinary approach to meeting patient care needs.
Demonstrates Ability to Communicate Effectively
1. Demonstrate therapeutic communication skills by adopting techniques for specific situations.
2. Provide performance feedback to all staff in a constructive, timely manner.
3. Effectively manage conflict resolution.
4. Serve as consumer advocate for patient/family concerns.
1. Facilitate learning opportunities for all staff.
2. Ensure that patient/family educational needs are met.
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
1. Demonstrate awareness of cost containment strategies by efficiently planning staffing patterns, level and mix to meet patient care needs.
2. Ensure staff adherence to unit/hospital policies.
3. Participate in the performance appraisal process for all staff.
4. Implement change with a positive impact.
5. Display strong leadership in a team environment through example.
6. Demonstrate initiatives and leadership through involvement in projects and committee work.
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things