RN Case Manager Hybrid I/II - (210001LT)
Description The Case Manager Hybrid I/II will provide case management services to patients and their families or caregivers. Assist with assessment, participate
in planning and implementation of intervention and ensure follow-up and coordination of services. Engage in outreach activities in the community .
Assist with administrative tasks, as needed. All nursing practice is based on the legal scope of practice, national and specialty nursing standards,
Children's National Policies and Procedures, and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The Professional Model of Care requires
registered professional nurses to be responsible and accountable for their own practice. Children's National supports the development of RN
relationships within the community; specifically those relationships associated with the health and well being of the community at large.
Qualifications Minimum Education
Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Master's Degree (Preferred)
Minimum Work Experience
5 years experience with at least three in a pediatric setting (Required)
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in District of Columbia (Required)
Current certification in Case Management or Utilization Management (Preferred)
- Participate in Shared Leadership.
- Contribute to the MAGNET Journey of Children’s National.
- Ensure nursing practice is based on evidence of best practice.
- Accountable to participate in the Nursing Division’s Performance Improvement process (division or unit level).
Patient Resource Services
- Participate in community activities.
- Communicate denials, high risk, or changes in level of care using accepted processes to limit financial risk to CNMC and patients’ families.
Discharge Transitional Plan of Care
- Navigate internal and external systems to accurately identify or secure payers and link patients to needed services.
- Define discharge and transitional care criteria with the healthcare team to facilitate efficient care transitions.
- Conduct an initial assessment of patient and family to identify potential discharge barriers and needs in accordance with departmental and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement a plan of care and make referrals based on a needs assessment and available resources in conjunction with care team members.
- Transition care to external providers and services to achieve quality outcomes for patient and family .
- Provide clinical reviews to third party payers using nationally recognized criteria and validate authorization or denial of services and
- document appropriately in ST AR.
- Document according to departmental policy.
- Identify , implement, and evaluate processes to improve customer service, reimbursement and/or hospital performance.
- Participate in the identification of PI issues and take steps to improve unit or CRM processes.
Organizational AccountabilitiesOrganizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Promote the development of CRM department and other members of the healthcare team.
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Organization: Patient ServicesRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00a-5:00p
Job Posting: Jun 3, 2021, 5:04:59 PM