Specific Requirements and Preferences
Successful completion of a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Course (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
3 years of Nursing experience in a pediatric hospital (Required)
Successful completion of orientation at CNMC.
Demonstrates sensitivity to diverse cultural backgrounds.
Demonstrates two way communications within the team.
1. Gather Physical and Psychosocial data on patient/family.
2. Contribute to the individualized plan of care and execute a plan to utilize resources as needed.
3. Identify the need for discharge planning using the multidisciplinary team.
4. Complete documentation based on hospital standards.
5. Utilize verbal and non-verbal communication with patient/families and all members of the healthcare team.
6. Recognize and seek help with conflict situations.
1. Participate in unit-based quality improvement activities.
2. Identify performance improvement opportunities.
1. Develop organizational and prioritization skills necessary to complete assignments within acceptable time frame.
2. Support unit management decisions and contribute to a positive work environment.
3. Take responsibility for learning policies and standards.
4. Provide court testimony on sexual assault cases.
5. Participate in community outreach training on issues of child sexual abuse/assault
1. Identify own learning needs and seek opportunities to meet those needs.
2. Participate in bi-monthly SANE photo review meetings.
1. Participate in Shared Leadership.
2. Contribute to Children’s National’s MAGNET Journey .
3. Ensure nursing practice is based on evidence of best practice.
4. Accountable to participate in the Division of Nursing’s Performance Improvement process (division or unit level).
5. Participate in community activities.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance