Atlantic Visiting Nurse, part of Atlantic Health System, is seeking an RN for the Hire Learning Residency Program. In this position, you will work days (weekends as need) alongside a preceptor with adult / geriatric patients of all backgrounds who require care in their homes. You are compassionate, thoughtful, and comfortable working with elderly and chronically ill patients. You will be responsible for managing a patient caseload; time management skills are essential. However, it is important to provide each patient with the time and attention necessary to meet his or her needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform thorough assessments that are systematic, comprehensive and accurate.
- Review charts and assessment and reports any abnormal findings to the Physician.
- Utilize the appropriate scales in regards to fall prevention, pain management and cultural/educational needs of the patient.
- Consistently demonstrate competent clinical skills.
- Perform direct patient care activities in support of patient care delivery and collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
- Analyze situations critically and makes effective clinical decisions which reflect an integration of nursing knowledge and available resources (actual and potential problems).
- Assume responsibility for documenting components of the nursing process and patient’s progress toward meeting outcomes in the patient’s chart including patient education.
- Attend pertinent educational offerings to keep abreast of agency and industry changes.
- Respond to patient’s/families and co-workers in a professional, courteous, positive manner to promotes an environment where the patient and family is at the center and the patient care team works cooperatively toward their goal and objectives.
- Follow agency policy, regulatory guidelines and TJC regulations including hand hygiene and identifying patient’s utilizing two patient identifiers. Demonstrates use of safe transfer techniques and proper body mechanics for self, and patients.
- Maintain a safe patient care environment including adhering to infection prevention and consistent implementation of hand hygiene.
- Collaborate with patient/family and multidisciplinary team to optimize patient and family care.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Compassionate and friendly demeanor
- Ability to travel to multiple patients per day
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required
- Valid New Jersey Nursing License required
- Current BLS certification required
About USAt Atlantic Health System, our promise to our communities is that anyone who enters anyone of our facilities, receive the highest quality care delivered at the right time, at the right place, and at the right cost. That commitment is also echoed in the respect, development and opportunities we give to our more than 18,000 team members. Headquartered in Morristown, New Jersey, we are one of the leading non-profit health care systems in the state, and committed to creating a Trusted Network of Caring®. Our facilities and sites of care include:
- Morristown Medical Center, Morristown, NJ
- Overlook Medical Center, Summit NJ
- Newton Medical Center, Newton, NJ
- Chilton Medical Center, Pompton Plains, NJ
- Hackettstown Medical Center, Hackettstown, NJ
- Goryeb Children’s Hospital, Morriston NJ
- Atlantic Rehabilitation
- Atlantic Home Care and Hospice
We also have more than 900 community-based healthcare providers affiliated through Atlantic Medical Group. We are part of Atlantic Accountable Care Organization, one of the largest ACOs in the nation, and are a member of AllSpire Health Partners.
We receiver awards and recognitions for what we provide to our patients, team members and communities. Below are just a few of our accolades:
- 100 Best Companies to Work For ® and FORTUNE® magazine (13 years in a row)
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare – Modern Healthcare
- 150 Top Places to work in Healthcare – Becker’s Healthcare
- 100 Accountable Care Organizations to Know – Becker’s Hospital Review
- Best Employers for Workers over 50 – AARP
- Gold-Level “Well Workplace”: Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)
- CEO Cancer Gold Standard ™
- One of the 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE® magazine
- One of the 20 Best Workplaces in Health Care: Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE® magazine
- Security 500: Security Magazine
- Official Health Care Partner of the New York Jets
- NJ Sustainable Business
Our Home care and Hospice teams work with more than our patients, we work with their families, inside their homes and in their community. When you join our team, you also join theirs, bringing them your comfort, compassion, education, and expertise. We celebrate these close connections every day, by delivering the best comprehensive home care and hospice services possible.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.