The RN Residency is an evidence based transition to practice program designed for the recent graduate of an RN program or an RN with less than one year of experience. We know the transition from a nursing student to professional nurse is challenging and the Residency program is designed to facilitate the transition from the classroom to the clinical environment. Our program includes collaboration with a unit specific preceptor and clinical nurse educators, and provides support and resources to facilitate educational and professional growth.
Placement in each unit will be determined based upon the hospital's current needs and assessed monthly. Possible placement opportunities include: Clinical Resource Team, Medical, Progressive Care Unit, Inpatient Surgical, Behavioral Health, Maternal/Child, Perioperative, Post-Anesthesia Care, Intensive Care Unit, Home Health, Hospice, Skilled Nursing/Rehab, Emergency Department, and Outpatient Clinics/Urgent Care.
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a vital part of an interdisciplinary team assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting in efforts to deliver the highest levels of care to the patient and family. This position requires a full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Augusta Health, and demonstrating behavior consistent with the Core Values.
Summer 2024 cohort: May 2024 graduates
For an application to be considered complete applicants must provide their current resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts. Please attach this information to your active application.
Interviews for the Summer 2024 Nurse Residency Program will begin following receipt of application and will continue until all positions are filled. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by a Human Resource representative.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited RN Program or an RN with less than one year of full time acute care experience.
- Must be licensed or eligible to be licensed as an RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- $5,000.00 Sign-On Bonus (24-month commitment, Paid in 1st Check)
- up to $2,500 in Premium Incentives
- Options Include:
- Littman Stethoscope
Laptop or tablet
Visa Gift Card
Membership or Subscription Reimbursement
Vehicle Down Payment
Self-Care Services Reimbursement
- Reimbursable Relocation Assistance up to $5,000.00
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance ($350.00/month, up to 5 years)
Some benefits of working at Augusta Health include:
• Insurance package including health, dental, and vision • Retirement savings helping you to plan for your future • Generous paid time off to promote work life balance • Free onsite parking • 24/7 armed security to ensure your safety • Shift and weekend differentials • Flexible scheduling • Clinical ladder career path program • Shared governance • Tuition reimbursement • Onsite child care • Augusta Health Fitness Reimbursement Program • Individualized orientation with dedicated preceptor • Onsite credit union • Employee discounts including the cafeteria, gift shop, pharmacy, and movie tickets
Augusta Health is a mission-driven, independent, nonprofit, community health system located in Fishersville Virginia in Virginia’s scenic Shenandoah Valley. Augusta Health offers a full continuum of inpatient and outpatient which includes Augusta Medical Center a 255 bed inpatient facility and Augusta Medical Group which is comprised of 40 practice locations and four urgent care locations.
Augusta Health recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran or military discharge status, and family medical or genetic information.