Here at the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA), we are passionate about our mission of “Serving Those Who Served.” As a national leader in our advocacy for more than 500,000 veterans and their family members, we strive to connect them to earned benefits as well as innovative programs focused on their overall health and wellness. In addition, we provide critical community services through a variety of programs, and at our four State Veterans Homes located in Orting, Port Orchard, Spokane, and Walla Walla. These locations provide Medicare and Medicaid nursing home care to honorably discharged veterans, including, in some instances, their spouses, widows, or Gold Star.We are looking for Registered Nurse's (RN) with a passion for excellence and compassionate care to be a part of our Spokane Veterans Home.
Bring a smile and your vital knowledge to everyone, every day. Connect with your goals and change lives by applying now!
Shifts AvailableS1100 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. | Days off Saturday and SundayS1095 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.| Days off Sunday and MondayS1024 & S1026 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. | Days off Sunday and Monday S1031 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. | Days off Friday and SaturdayS1098 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. | Days off Tuesday and WednesdayS1090 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. | Days off Monday and Tuesday
S1035 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. | Days off Tuesday and Wednesday
- Prepares, carries out, evaluates, and revises treatment plans for individual residents based on recommendations of a physician.
- Under physicians' orders, passes medications, administer, monitor and record treatments, and assesses the condition of the resident.
- Makes nursing assessments of residents as necessitated by the condition of the resident, and on a quarterly basis for the completion of the minimum data set (MDS).
- Direct and supervise subordinate nursing personnel.
- Current and valid Washington State License to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Capable of lifting up to 60 lbs frequently using proper techniques; capable of reaching for activities such as repositioning or to gain access to supplies; capable of pushing or pulling with sufficient strength.
- Ability to follow accurate methods and practices of nursing and restorative care, personal hygiene and sanitation methods, record keeping, report preparation, infection control procedures and resident rights.
- Ability to assess, evaluate and participate in the development of appropriate plans of care. Plan, implement and document appropriate discharge planning for residents when appropriate. Perform selected nursing procedures.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English for medical charts.
- Long term care experience.
- One year experience as a RN.
Check out this awesome video here to see what it is like to work for the WDVA!
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described below.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
2. A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
Finalists will be asked to provide a list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
- Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14.1, state employees must be fully vaccinated no later than October 18, 2021. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by WSNA.
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.