Registered Nurse 2 (RN2)
Full Time, Permanent
Walla Walla Veterans Home
We are excited to announce that we once again will be accepting applications for a Registered Nurse 2, Full Time, Permanent positions here at the beautiful Walla Walla Veterans home, in Walla Walla, Washington!Please note:
These positions schedule would be Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 pm to 6:30 am.
Here at the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA), we are passionate about our mission of “Serving Those Who Served.” As a national leader in our advocacy for more than 500,000 veterans and their family members, we strive to connect them to earned benefits as well as innovative programs focused on their overall health and wellness. In addition, we provide critical community services through a variety of programs, and at our four State Veterans Homes located in Orting, Port Orchard, Spokane, and Walla Walla. These locations provide Medicare and Medicaid nursing home care to honorably discharged veterans, including, in some instances, their spouses, widows, or Gold Star.
We are pleased to be offering this RN2 position, that will provide nursing related care to residents in our Walla Walla Veterans Home. This includes assistance with activities of daily living, monitoring and recording all aspects of care, passing medications, administering oxygen and more.
Are you excited to work at one of the most modern and beautiful facilities in Walla Walla? Then bring a smile and your vital knowledge to everyone, every day. Connect with your goals and change lives by applying now!
Some of what you will be doing:
- Directing, supervising, overseeing and evaluating the work of assigned staff.
- Performing on-the-job training for newly hired staff; monitoring the completion of all training requirements for staff on a quarterly basis.
- Assisting with physical examinations, techniques and procedures.
- Examining residents to determine their need for medical care.
- Providing medication administration and treatments; administering tranquilizers, anti-seizure medications, immunizations, vitamins, antibiotics, etc.
- Collaborating on the development of individual care plans for residents.
- Managing staff coverage and ensuring unexpected staffing changes are being addressed and needs are met.
- Making rounds on a regular basis to ensure compliance with expectations of the unit.
- Monitoring and keeping a safe environment, including preventative infection control.
- Current and valid Washington State License to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Graduated from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- One (1) year of professional nursing experience.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English for medical charts.
- Capable of lifting up to 60 lbs frequently using proper techniques; capable of reaching for activities such as repositioning or to gain access to supplies; capable of pushing or pulling with sufficient strength.
- Long term care experience.
- Ability to follow accurate methods and practices of nursing and restorative care, personal hygiene and sanitation methods, record keeping, report preparation, infection control procedures and resident rights.
- Ability to assess, evaluate and participate in the development of appropriate plans of care. Plan, implement and document appropriate discharge planning for residents when appropriate. Perform selected nursing procedures.
Check out this awesome video here to see what it is like to work for the WDVA!
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described below.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
2. A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
Finalists will be asked to provide a list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
- Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14.1, state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by WSNA.
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.