2022 NURSE RESIDENCY SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE!!
Now accepting applications for the 2022 Nurse Residency Program
Our Nurse Residency Program, designed for recent RN graduates and nurses with less than one year of experience, will provide the best possible start for your nursing career. This comprehensive program includes a combination of classes, lab experiences; a precepted unit-based orientation, as well as training in our Simulation Center utilizing human patient simulators that will strengthen your assessment, critical thinking, and clinical skills. This is a paid, comprehensive program specially designed to meet the unique needs of today’s new nurses. The program incorporates an orientation which focuses on the skills an knowledge base required for nursing in D-H’s academic, acute care environment.
• Upon successful completion of the NCLEX recent RN graduates can begin their career at DHMC through our Nurse Residency Program
• This is a year-long program with 10-18 intensive training weeks specifically designed to meet the unique needs of today’s new nurses
• The program incorporates an orientation, which focuses on the skills and knowledge base required for nursing in our academic, high-tech, acute care environment.
• Using our state-of-the-art Simulation Center, nurses have an opportunity to strengthen their assessment, critical thinking, communication and technical skills in a safe learning environment.
Various cohorts available throughout the year.
The Nurse Residency Program emphasizes adult learning principles and promotes clinical and leadership skills during the transition from student nurse to acute care professional nurse. Units participating in this training program include:
Med Surg and Specialty Units available. Talk to a recruiter today!
To be considered for our 2022 Nurse Residency Program, you must submit a completed application packet. A completed packet includes:
* An on-line application;
* A detailed letter of introduction to include the clinical rotation that you found most interesting, where you completed your clinical rotations, externships, internships and/or senior practicum if applicable and your top two areas of clinical interest;
To decrease the risk of required documents being lost, we suggest having all information attached to your on-line application, cut and pasted into the text box of the application OR e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘2022 NRP'. If all of the information is not received, your application will be placed on hold.
Residency Activities/Benefits Include:
• Clinical experiences with a preceptor
• Simulation in our Patient Safety Training Program
• Competency and skills assessment and verification
• Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
• Orientation to the electronic health record, eD-H
• Skills labs that provide hands-on experience with equipment
• eLearning modules
• Lively discussions on clinical topics and situations
• Exposure to the many opportunities available to D-H Nurses
• Information about the community D-H serves
• Details on available professional and personal development resources
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: