**RN Operating Room Nurse **New Outpatient Surgery Center! Lanham, MD Location** - (200001I8)
Experienced circulating OR Nurse needed for our new Ambulatory Surgical Care Center with two operating rooms. Pediatric scrub and circulating experience are required for the PRN position.
We are growing! Join Children’s National as we further expand our services to the community.
Children’s National Regional Outpatient Center will be opening in Prince George’s County, Maryland in 2020.
This state of the art, 60,000 square foot facility is the latest effort to ensure children and their families can easily and conveniently access Children’s National specialists and primary care providers.
The new outpatient clinics and surgery center will give families in Prince George’s county greater access to the broad range of world-class care Children’s National offers, including: cardiology, neurology, genetics, allergy, sports medicine and orthopedics, and rehabilitative medicine. Additionally, families will be able to more easily access infusion, transfusion, MRI, hematology and outpatient surgical services.
Children's National is the leading provider of pediatric care in the Washington, DC metro area. Our team of 7000+ employees provides world-class care in a warm and caring environment designed with kids in mind. Children’s National is a Magnet® designated hospital and is consistently ranked among the best pediatric hospitals in America by U.S. News and World Report.
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Graduated from an approved school of nursing. BSN preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
At least 3 years of operating room experience required. Prefer experience in multiple services. Prefer experience in at least three of the following specialty: Neurosurgery, Ortho- Spine, Cardiac, Davinci Robotic, Kidney transplant operating room experience. Pediatric operating room experience a plus.
Required Licenses an (Required)
The licensed Registered Nurse will successfully complete the hospital and nursing orientation at Children’s National. Must maintain proficiency in at least three or more of the following services; Kidney Transplant, Davinci-Robotic, Ortho-spine, Neurosurgery or Cardiac surgery. Must be able to perform charge nurse role. Excel in organizational skills, adjust for changes and be able to complete assignment on time. Role model critical thinking skills by problem-solving patient care and unit/system issues. Demonstrate a collegial and respectful relationship with peers, physicians and other departments. Care will incorporate best practices based on benchmarks and evidence within the literature
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in District of Columbia Registered Nurse licensed in the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia dependent upon location of practice.
BLS and PALS certifications required. Certified Pediatric Nurse required. CNOR preferred. Req
1. Contribute to Magnet re-designation as evidenced by independent involvement or leadership in: committees, task forces and/or community outreach.
2. Role model critical thinking skills by problem-solving patient care and unit/system issues.
3. Communication reflects development of plan of care and ability to advocate to meet patients’ needs; makes suggestions for resolution of system issues.
4. Role model procedures for escalation of issues; utilize chain of command.
5. Demonstrate proper use of identified hand off processes; follow up on inconsistent practice related to handoff.
6. Demonstrate a collegial and respectful relationship with peers, physicians and other departments.
7. Take the lead in implementing change and support management decisions.
8. Role model behavior that reflects empathy, concern and a desire to help others.
1. Independently maintain regulatory requirements e.g. license, BLS.
2. Initiate professional activities to enhance nursing practice.
3. Engage in active review of peers giving constructive feedback through timely participation in evaluations.
4. Role model adherence to national safety standards and service excellence standards; champion advancement of education and certification.
5. Orchestrate involvement of the healthcare team and role model professional behavior and teamwork with co-workers.
6. Serve as a resource as needed and know when to escalate to next level.
Exemplary Professional Practice
1. Analyze assessment data gathered from patient and family to ensure completion of database and plan of care within identified timeframes.
2. Role model excellent clinical skills with complex patients; care reflects analysis of patient status and appropriate interventions.
3. Direct prioritization and organization for complex patient with rapidly changing needs.
4. Documentation exemplifies adherence to the highest standards of practice.
5. Anticipate and proactively plan for educational needs; verify with patient and family throughout the hospital/outpatient stay and prior to discharge.
6. Excel in organizational skills, adjust for changes and be able to complete assignment on time.
7. Role model caring in all encounters with patient and family as evidenced by feedback from parents and an increase in patient satisfaction scores.
New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvements
1. Initiate ways to improve operations through quality improvement and implement related solutions.
2. Serve as a resource for current, new information or changes in specialty area.
3. Care incorporates best practices based on benchmarks and evidence within the literature.
4. Mentor and precept new nurses in clinical specialties. Able to perform Charge Nurse role.
5. Demonstrate proficiency in three or more preferred surgical specialties
2900 North Campus Way
Regular / Temporary: R (Regular)
Position Status: FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: M-F 0700-1530
: Aug 12, 2020, 1:45:08 PM