Registered Nurse 3
Evening Shift Supervisor
Full Time, Permanent
Washington Veterans Home
Do you already love working the Swing Shift, but are ready for a promotion, and more responsibility? If you said Yes, then we are excited to announce the open position of Registered Nurse 3, Evening Shift Supervisor
, here at the beautiful Washington Veterans Home overlooking scenic Port Orchard, Washington!Please Note:
The anticipated schedule for this position will be from 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm, Sunday through Thursday.
Here at the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA), we are passionate about our mission of “Serving Those Who Served.” As a national leader in our advocacy for more than 500,000 veterans and their family members, we strive to connect them to earned benefits as well as innovative programs focused on their overall health and wellness. In addition, we provide critical community services through a variety of programs, and at our four State Veterans Homes located in Orting, Port Orchard, Spokane, and Walla Walla. These locations provide Medicare and Medicaid nursing home care to honorably discharged veterans, including, in some instances, their spouses, widows, or Gold Star.
As the Evening Shift Supervisor, under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Nursing Services (ADNS) and Director of Nursing Services (DNS), you will provide professional nursing services, have oversight in the delivery of nursing and nursing related care to residents of the Washington Veterans Home with direct supervision to frontline staff.
Bring a smile and your vital knowledge to everyone, every day. Connect with your goals and change lives by applying now!
Some of what you will be doing includes:
- Direct and supervise subordinate nursing personnel (RN's, LPN's, and Nursing Assistants), performing nursing care during your specific shift.
- Ensure that nursing personnel are competent to provide skilled nursing care by arranging for and ensuring attendance in orientation, in-service, and continuing education and, completion of orientation.
- Responsible for facility wide staffing on your specific shift to meet the needs of the facility residents.
- Participate in Nursing Management team activities.
- Responsible for job performance evaluation for Licensed staff, and support licensed staff in supervising, guiding, counselling and performance evals for Nursing Assistants.
- Network with community resource and professional colleagues.
- Responsible for nursing operations during your shift; Admissions, discharges, resident transfers, emergency response, staff meetings, and trainings, etc.
- And much more!
- Currently holds a valid RN license from the State of Washington.
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Facilitation skills - ability to focus and direct group discussions.
- Consulting skills - ability to partner with resident, other providers and care team to identify and service resident care needs.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations and guidelines for resident assessment.
- Knowledge of Resident Assessment Protocols (RAPS), Care Planning, Resource Utilization Groups (RUGS), billing and coding, OBRA and PPS timing and scheduling for the MDS.
- Excellent professional nursing practice and patient care. Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written –promotes open communication to ensure a safe and healthy living and working environment.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to weigh options, foresee consequences and employ sound judgment in managing problems and resources
- Strong clinical skills and long term knowledge, including all regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate, delegate and collaborate with the interdisciplinary team.
- Models the concepts of LEAP and teamwork.
- Accountability – accepts responsibility for quality and timeliness of work, including the work of others within their shift.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to model support of the WDVA mission and vision as well as support of facility leadership and team members.
- Bachelor’s degree involving major study in nursing.
- Three years of professional nursing experience preferably in Long Term Care.
Check out this awesome video here to see what it is like to work for the WDVA!
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described below.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
2. A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
Finalists will be asked to provide a list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
- Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader), state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by WSNA.
- Candidates who are offered a job with WDVA must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.