Registered Nurse 3 - Resident Care Manager
Day Shift Supervisor
Full Time - Permanent
We have an awesome opportunity for a motivated leader! We have an open position for a Registered Nurse 3, Resident Care Manager (RCM), Day Shift Supervisor
, here at the beautiful Spokane Veterans Home in Spokane, Washington!PLEASE NOTE: Hours will be: 6:00 am to 2:30 pm, MONDAY through FRIDAY!
As the Full Time RN3 Resident Care Manager (RCM) Day Shift Supervisor,
you will work under the supervision of the Director of Nursing Services. While Supervising 18 health care professionals, including RNs, LPNs, and NACs. You will promote resident-centered care and ensure that all veterans are treated with dignity and respect.
Here at the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA)
, we are passionate about our mission of “Serving Those Who Served.” As a national leader in our advocacy for more than 500,000 veterans and their family members, we strive to connect them to earned benefits as well as innovative programs focused on their overall health and wellness. In addition, we provide critical community services through a variety of programs, and at our four State Veterans Homes located in Orting, Port Orchard, Spokane, and Walla Walla. These locations provide Medicare and Medicaid nursing home care to honorably discharged veterans, including, in some instances, their spouses, widows, or Gold Star.
Bring your leadership and supervisory skills, along with your caring attitude to our team by maintaining collaborative relationships with social workers, staff, supervisors, residents and others. Bring a smile and your vital knowledge to everyone, every day. Brighten prospects for patients and your career. Connect with your goals and change lives in accomplishing our mission of "Serving Those Who Served" by applying now!
Some of what you will be doing:
- Coordinate assignments of staff to residents, provide direction and information via accurate communication of current resident status and care needs to staff.
- Direct and supervise nursing personnel; Works collaboratively with evening and night shift supervisors to ensure program consistency and adherence to policies, procedures and standards for areas of supervision.
- Staffing, including recruiting, selecting, hiring, evaluating, assigning and scheduling of nursing staff.
- Job performance evaluations for staff; providing coaching and guidance.
- Participating in the Nursing Management Team, including developing, reviewing, revising and implementing nursing policies and procedures.
- Improving nursing organizational performance, conducting investigations, incident follow-up, etc.
- Nursing operations such as discharge, admissions, transfers, emergency response, staff meetings and trainings.
- Current and valid Washington State License to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Two years experience working as an RN.
Must also have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Capable of lifting up to 60 lbs. using proper techniques, capable of reaching for activities such as repositioning or to gain access to supplies, and is capable of pushing or pulling with sufficient strength. Employee must be able to walk, sit, and bend in an unrestricted manner on a consistent basis during the entire work day.
Knowledge of State and Federal regulations and guidelines for resident assessment.
Knowledge of Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) process, Care Planning, Resource Utilization Groups (RUGS), billing and coding, OBRA and PPS timing and scheduling for the MDS.
Strong clinical skills and long term knowledge, including all regulatory requirements.
- Supervisory experiences.
- Bachelor's degree involving major study in nursing.
- Three (3) years of professional nursing experience, preferably in Long Term Care.
Check out this awesome video here to see what it is like to work for the WDVA!
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described below.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
2. A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
Finalists will be asked to provide a list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
- Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14.1, state employees must be fully vaccinated no later than the date of hire. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by WSNA.
- Candidates who are offered a job with WDVA must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.