Apr 09, 2020
Children's National Medical Center
Washington, DC, USA
Simulation Education Specialist (RN) - (2000000O)
Description The Simulation Education Specialist will work in collaboration with the Director of Clinical Information Systems and Professional Development to develop, plan, organize and coordinate curriculum within the Simulation Program at Children's National. Will ensure established standards of quality and performance are upheld within the overall goals and activities of Children's National and the Simulation Program. The Simulation Education Specialist will focus to work closely with content experts and course authors to develop high quality coursework to be used at Children's National and its affiliates.
Qualifications Minimum Education
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Bachelor's degree in Nursing with certification in education. Master’s in Education, Instructional Design or related health field preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
At least 5 years of progressive clinical experience, 2 years of teaching experience, curriculum development experience and experience in creating and implementing educational activities. Working knowledge of clinical simulation teaching/learning pedagogy. BLS and/or PALS Instructor preferred.
Required Licenses and Certifications
The Simulation Education Specialist, is a licensed nurse in the District of Columbia.
1. Support/participate in Shared Leadership.
2. Contribute to CNMC’s Magnet Journey.
3. Ensure learning is based on evidence of best practice.
4. Accountable to participate in the Performance Improvement process (division or unit level).
5. Participate in community activities.
Staff Education and Training
1. Design and deliver educational programs to internal and external faculty in the use of clinical simulation.
2. Use theories that support teaching and learning with simulation.
3. Consult with educators in all departments to design and implement clinical simulation-based teaching and learning activities.
4. Maintain working knowledge of simulation equipment and related supplies.
Leader / Consultant
1. Serve as a simulation education consultant to internal and external customers.
2. Promote clinical simulation as an avenue to engage staff in the practice of patient safety.
3. Maintain professional development as an active member in the clinical simulation community.
1. Support or conduct research activities within the Simulation Program learning environment at Children’s National.
2. Ensure programs are developed with reference to the most updated peer-reviewed research identified in the clinical simulation community.
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Organization: Patient ServicesRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: M-F; 40 hr/week
Job Posting: Jan 17, 2020, 11:25:42 AM