Are you an LPN who is looking to expand your practice in an inpatient setting? If so, we have good news: Dartmouth-Hitchcock is actively hiring LPNs into inpatient units! This gives you an opportunity to practice nursing at the top of your license, within scope, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Medication administration (including IV and central line after completion of a board-approved IV therapy course)
- IV placement and peripheral lab draws (after completion of a board-approved IV course)
- Insertion and removal of indwelling foley catheters
- Peritoneal dialysis
- 12-lead EKGs
- Trach care
- Verification of blood products
- Wound care
Responsibilities: A listing of the key responsibilities
- Utilizes the nursing process - assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation to facilitate continuing health care to individuals, families, and community.
- Identifies common and recurring nursing needs of the patient.
- Recognizes the need for and performs routine office procedures and testing.
- Assists patients to achieve basic health care goals.
- Identifies patient education needs, providing instruction or referring appropriately.
- Assists staff in institutional quality improvement measures and office standards of practice.
- Provides telephone advice to patients per physician specific protocols; refers patients appropriately.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of NH required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate required upon hire and as applicable, higher level per unit certification requirements as stated on the grid attached to the AHA and Life Support Policy.
- Department: Nursing Orientation: D-H Lebanon-MHMH
- Schedule: Full-time
- Order ID: 2100016I