Jul 07, 2020
Children's National Medical Center
Washington, DC, USA
Nursing Business Manager (Patient Services) - (1800027G)
Description The Nursing Business Manager will report directly to the Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer providing support and leadership for all services related to budget development, budget monitoring, productivity, workforce management, recruitment and retention, strategic planning and other related projects and activities. The Nursing Business Manager will support and collaborate with the nursing services leadership team in regard to same activities.
Qualifications Minimum Education
MBA requiredBSN preferred
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
5 to 10 years in progressive financial analytic and leadership positions .
Demonstrates expert analytical and strategic thinking skills; a strong systems thinker. Demonstrates creativity, foresight and mature judgment in managing competing demands and workload. Action oriented; proven track record of achieving agreed-upon project and process goals. Highly energetic with a collaborative style and an ability to quickly adapt to an ever changing environment. Skilled communicator with a style that engenders trust and accountability for results. Skilled in creating systems excellence while partnering with diverse team members. Develops and supports a community of inquiry, innovation, continuous learning and risk taking.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and Powerpoint. Experienced in BearAnalytics, Financial Systems, and KRONOS System. Experienced in hospital clinical services preferred. Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Analytical ability sufficient to evaluate data, make judgments and provide recommendations and action plans regarding department operations and budgets, design protocols, and generate actionable business reports. Familiarity with healthcare finance and outside regulatory agencies.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in District of Columbia preferred
1. Contribute to the strategic plan for department services, including short-term and long-term objectives.
2. Collect and analyze feedback and evaluate service/department effectiveness.
3. Maintain a division Financial dashboard
4. Work collaboratively with leaders across CNMC to refine tools, methods, and assure other stakeholder department’s efforts are aligned. Keep abreast of recent trends and developments in process innovation and organizational effectiveness in healthcare as well as other industries. Understand various process innovation methodologies and tailors them to meet Nursing business needs.
Program and Services Administration
1. Manage finance and budget activities for nursing services. This includes activities related to Operating, Capital and Special Purpose Fund budgets
2. Represent nursing services at Hospital meetings
3. Collaborate across departments and divisions to support hospital and nursing missions
4. Assist VP and CNO with required division and hospital-wide compliance activities and related tracking
5. Collaborate with nursing Recruitment and Retention staff to support all related activities and programs
6. Lead Workforce Management activities for Nursing Services
7. Collaborate with Central Nursing Resources and Central Staffing Office with focus on reducing premium pay, supporting productivity standards and supporting contract staff management services
8. Collaborate with national/external productivity benchmarking programs to guide in the development of staffing plans and productivity guidelines for clinical nursing services
9. Collaborate with Finance leaders in regard to budget, charge master and other related activities
10. Maintain strong relationships with Center of Excellence leadership teams; collaborate on joint initiatives as appropriate
1. Full understanding of CN budget activities
2. Full understanding of CN budget and financial IT systems and reports relating Operating Budgets, Capital Requisitions and Special Purpose Fund budgets
3. In collaboration with nursing leadership team, review/monitor monthly financial reports; recommend/develop actions as appropriateGroom nursing leaders at all levels in budget development and management
4. Lead CNO Dashboard activities
5. Work with Central Nursing Resources in terms of identifying and create appropriate reports and systems
6. Prepare all reports for Quarterly Financial Review meetings
7. Prepare all reports for SPF review meetings with Finance and Foundation leaders
8. Outline and develop processes for nursing services financial activities
1. Actively represent Nursing Services, as appropriate, for matters related to budget, finance, human resources, workforce management and productivity, materials management, research, education, professional development and other areas as identified by the VP and CNO.
2. Represent Nursing Services leadership working closing with Center of Excellence leadership teams.
1. Mentor all department leaders in budget and finance services.
1. Understand all IT tools required to perform position functions at a level of excellence.
2. Work with IT department as necessary in terms of IT issues and requests for new capabilities.
Quality and Performance Improvement
1. Identify opportunities for operational improvements
Organizational Commitment/Identification 1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
Teamwork/Communication 1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
Performance Improvement/Problem-solving 1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility 1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Safety 1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Organization: Patient ServicesRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: 8:00am -4:30pm
Job Posting: Jan 29, 2020, 11:49:00 AM