Aug 11, 2020
Children's National Medical Center
Washington, DC, USA
Research Nurse Coordinator - Brain Imaging Research - (200000FB)
Description All nursing practice is based on the legal scope of practice, national and specialty nursing standards, CNMC Policies and Procedures, and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The Professional Model of Care requires registered professional nurses to be responsible and accountable for their own practice. CNMC supports the development of RN relationships within the community; specifically those relationships associated with the health and well being of the community at large. The Research Nurse Coordinator ( RNC) will work independently with minimal supervision following Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines. Demonstrate expert clinical, organizational, and communication skills. Has ability to learn the clinical trials and/or grants process. Demonstrates expert understanding of the federal and institutional regulations and policies governing clinical research involving protection of human subjects (JCAHO, FDA, GCP, OHRP , IRB, NIH/NCRR. The Research Nurse Coordinator functions as a resource in area of expertise for those professionals requiring assistance. The RNC will participate in setting standards and monitoring the quality of care for research protocols. The RNC will facilitate multidisciplinary collaboration in meeting the complex needs as they relate to the research process. Coordinates research projects and uses detail-oriented documentation of all research-related procedures and outcomes. Continually reviews the research processes and provides feedback to the Principal Investigator, research coordinators, and other members of the research team. Facilitate the preparation of Institutional review Board applications for clinical research proposals.
Qualifications Minimum Work Experience
3 years of recent clinical nursing experience5 years clinical research nursing coordinating NIH and Industry sponsored clinical trials required
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Complete all Human Subject Research Courses (Required)
Recent clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting (Required)
Clinical research nursing coordinating NIH and Industry sponsored clinical trials (Required)
Pediatrics experience (Preferred)
Candidate would need to demonstrate meticulous attention to details.
Computer skills /familiarity to include WS Word, MS Office, Intranet/Internet preferred.
Ability to operate general office equipment: fax, printer , and copier , required.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in District of Columbia Req
1. Participate in Shared Leadership.
2. Contribute to CNMC’s MAGNET Journey .
3. Ensure that nursing practice is based on evidence of best practice.
4. Accountable for participating in the Division of Nursing’s Performance Improvement process (division or unit level).
5. Participate in community activities.
Integrate Nursing Process with Research Plan
1. Perform assessments related to overt and subtle patient needs by making proficient clinical assessments according to GCP .
2. Integrate patient data to anticipate problems associated with changing patient status as they relate to the research process.
3. Serve as a role model for others by integrating data obtained from a range of sources in the development and revision of research
5. Demonstrate independent decision-making in executing the research plan.
6. Assist others in protocol implementation.
7. Act as an advocate in meeting patient/family needs related to research protocol.
8. Act as a role model for the evaluation of research process.
Develop Effective Communication Channels with Research Team /staff and patients/families
1. Protect patient/family right to confidentiality in relation to research protocol.
2. Act as a role model for other professionals by communicating responsively, respectfully , and assertively .
3. Collaborate with physician and other health care professional throughout all phases of the research process.
Ensure that Patient/family understand plan of care and health status implications
1. As necessary, design orientation materials for both patient/family and health professionals as related to the research protocol.
2. Serve as content expert in the development, review, and revision of educational materials developed for research study .
3. Evaluate effectiveness of research teaching plan in meeting educational needs of staff/patient/family and make recommendations for change, as needed.
4. Take initiative in the review and management of research orientation program and examines its impact on unit functioning.
5. Explain research projects and their significance to potential research subjects and parents of children potentially involved in research projects.
6. Ensure informed consents are obtained from subjects before initiation of any aspect of research projects.
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Ensure professional development needs are met
1. Plan activities to meet own educational needs.
2. Apply established findings of research to nursing practice when appropriate.
3. Address practice problems arising from research through systematic assessment and documentation.
4. Act as CNMC representative when networking with other health care providers at professional meetings, or other facilities, etc.
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Organization: COE Hospital-Based SpecliatiesRegular / Temporary: R (Regular)Position Status: FT - Full-TimeShift: DayWork Schedule: M-F
Job Posting: Mar 9, 2020, 8:42:15 AM