Atlantic Health System is seeking a Nurse Residency Program is a one-year program created to build a solid foundation for your nursing career. The program includes classroom unit-based preceptorship and mentorship dimensions while focusing on the continuum of care provided by Atlantic Health System medical experts.
Our Nurse Residency Program is available at the following locations throughout our system:
*available positions vary from unit-to-unit and site-to-site
- Atlantic Visiting Nurse, Various Locations
- Chilton Medical Center, Pompton Plains, NJ
- Hackettstown Medical Center, Hackettstown, NJ
- Morristown Medical Center, Morristown, NJ
- Newton Medical Center, Newton, NJ
- Overlook Medical Center, Summit, NJ
- Non-BSN graduates will be required to complete their BSN within 5 years of employment
- All participants are asked to agree to a 2-year employment commitment at Atlantic Health System
- An official transcript and two letters of recommendation from nursing instructors will be required once you are in the interview process
This program will:
- Support the transition to professional registered nurse.
- Promote the development of professional relationships across the interdisciplinary team.
- Strengthen self-confidence and competence in the ability to provide leadership at the point of care.
- Foster professional growth and personal satisfaction through individual development plans.
- Improve knowledge of policies, procedures and resources.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Program required
- A valid NJ Nursing License required
- BLS required
- Nursing Assistant, Patient Care Technician or Medical Assistant experience is preferred
- Completion of a nursing extern program is preferred
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.