As of July 1, 2022 the new pay range for this position will be $34.21 to $56.10 hourly.
Please Note: This recruitment will be used to fill multiple on-call vacancies; shifts may vary.
Here at the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA), we are passionate about our mission of “Serving Those Who Served.” As a national leader in our advocacy for more than 500,000 veterans and their family members, we strive to connect them to earned benefits as well as innovative programs focused on their overall health and wellness. In addition, we provide critical community services through a variety of programs, and at our four State Veterans Homes located in Orting, Port Orchard, Spokane, and Walla Walla. These locations provide Medicare and Medicaid nursing home care to honorably discharged veterans, including, in some instances, their spouses, widows, or Gold Star.We are in need of a multiple on-call RN2's to provide nursing related care to residents in our Washington Veterans Home. This includes assistance with activities of daily living, monitoring and recording all aspects of care, passing medications, administering oxygen and more.Lend direction to your patients as well as a caring attitude. Bring a smile and your vital knowledge to everyone, every day. Connect with your goals and change lives by applying now!
Some of what you will be doing includes:
- Functioning as a licensed member of our health team, primarily as the charge nurse for your assigned area.
- Ensuring good rehabilitation techniques and gerontological nursing standards are used.
- Maintaining health records according to policies and procedures.
- Under physicians' orders, administering medications and treatments.
- Ensuring completion of treatments, transcription of orders, documentation, formulating and updating plans of care for residents.
- Performing assessments as necessitated by the condition of the resident; performing diagnostic procedures such as blood pressure, apical/radial pulses and blood glucose monitoring.
- Monitoring and keeping a safe environment, including prevention control.
- Current and valid Washington State License to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Capable of lifting up to 60 lbs frequently using proper techniques; capable of reaching for activities such as repositioning or to gain access to supplies; capable of pushing or pulling with sufficient strength.
- Ability to follow accurate methods and practices of nursing and restorative care, personal hygiene and sanitation methods, record keeping, report preparation, infection control procedures and resident rights.
- Ability to assess, evaluate and participate in the development of appropriate plans of care. Plan, implement and document appropriate discharge planning for residents when appropriate. Perform selected nursing procedures.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English for medical charts.
- Long term care experience.
- One year of experience as an RN.
Check out this awesome video here to see what it is like to work for the WDVA!
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described below.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
2. A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
Finalists will be asked to provide a list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
- Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14.1, state employees must be fully vaccinated no later than October 18, 2021. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Must comply with health screening requirements by undergoing a tuberculosis skin test.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by WSNA.
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.