Vidant Medical Center, formerly Pitt County Memorial Hospital, is a fully accredited, 900+ bed regional referral facility encompassing a Level-1 Trauma Center and extensive inpatient and outpatient services including intensive and intermediate care, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, pain management and psychiatry.
Vidant Medical Center is part of Vidant Health, a comprehensive health system that serves 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices, and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life for the people and communities we serve, touch, and support. The system is affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University and the ECU College of Nursing and Allied Health.
We provided our Nurses:
- On-site child care (Currently, Vidant Medical Center provides care to 192 children)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Clinical ladders advancement program
- Comprehensive wellness and recreation program with a 52,000 square-foot wellness center
- On-site employee clinic staffed for same-day appointments
- On-site employee pharmacy
- Benefits start on first day of employment
- Once again, Working Mother magazine named Vidant Medical Center one of the country’s top 100 companies for working mothers. Vidant Medical Center was one of only eight healthcare organizations and the only hospital in North Carolina to receive the honor.
- We’ve been named to the nation’s Most Wired hospitals list, as leaders in Information Technology.
- Seven of our registered nurses were named among the best in the state by the Great 100 Foundation.
- The Regional Rehabilitation Center has received three-year accreditation from the Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission, or CARF, for ten inpatient and outpatient programs for adults and children.
- The American Assembly for Men in Nursing recognized Vidant Medical Center with the Best Workplace for Men in Nursing Award. Greenville is located in the heart of North Carolina's coastal plain, just a short drive from the famous Outer Banks beaches, the Blue Ridge Mountains, and the attractions in the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill). Greenville is home to East Carolina University, an integral part of North Carolina's excellent university system.